Last updated: 18 June 2021
Commnia is a leading cloud-based construction management software provider, headquartered in Sydney, Australia. Commnia Pty Ltd (collectively with any subsidiaries and affiliates, “Commnia”, “Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) values the protection of your privacy and maintaining your trust in our services.
What is Personal Data
“Personal Data” means any data or information in any media that, on its own or when combined with other data, could identify a particular individual or any other data or information that constitutes personal data under applicable law. Examples of Personal Data include an individual’s combined first and last name, home address, telephone number, fax number, email address, social security number or other government-issued identifier (including state identification number, tax identification number, driver’s license number, or passport number), geolocation information of an individual or device, biometric data, medical or health information, and credit card or other financial information (including bank account information). Personal Data also includes cookie identifiers associated with registration information, or any other browser or device-specific number or identifier not controllable by the end user, and web or mobile browsing or usage information that is linked to the foregoing.
Personal Data does not include information that is de-identified, aggregated, or anonymized as defined by applicable law.
This Privacy Notice describes how Commnia uses and protects Personal Data collected through:
Offline communications such as phone calls or site visits (“Offline Communications”);
conferences and events (“Events”); and
our social media, online products, learning tools, and services such as stories and forums (“Services”).
This Privacy Notice also explains our general marketing practices.
The Commnia Platform
This Privacy Notice may apply to Commnia’s software-as-a-service products, including the licensed software available through our platform via http://commnia.com, and any software, mobile applications, products, devices, or other services (collectively “Commnia Platform”).
For much of the Personal Data processed through the Commnia Platform, we act as a processor/service provider and will only process such information on behalf of and in accordance with the instructions of our customers. Use of the Commnia Platform is governed by a separate agreement., including an executed data protection agreement as applicable (“Terms of Service Agreement”), that covers the use and processing of data provided by users, which may include Personal Data, as well as other information or documents uploaded into the Platform (“Platform Content”). The customer (e.g., your employer or another entity or person) that entered into the Subscription Agreement with Commnia controls its use and access of the Commnia Platform (their “Instance”) and any associated processing of Platform Content. If you have been granted access to the Commnia Platform as a user, please contact the customer whose Instance you are using for questions regarding Platform Content.
By using the Sites, Commnia Platform, or otherwise giving us your Personal Data through our Services, Events, or Offline Communications, you agree to the terms of this Privacy Notice.
Personal Data We Collect
We may collect Personal Data in several ways, including from you directly, automatically when engaging our Sites or Commnia Platform, or through third parties.
Information You Provide to Us Directly
We may collect information directly from you when you engage with the Sites and set up accounts, sign up for or engage in any of our Services, register for Events, contact customer support via telephone or email, engage with our social media platforms or other Services, visit our offices, or otherwise contact us. The information we may collect includes:
- Your name, phone number, and other contact details, including the company you work for, for example, when filling out a request via the Sites or for Services, Events, or Offline Communications;
- your username, password, and email when you register for an account to interact with portions of the Sites,
- photos or videos you submit as part of a customer recognition program;
- the profile information you provide us when you create your account profile to use certain areas of the Sites or Commnia Platform;
- information you provide to attend Events;
- information you provide for technical support or customer service requests, including via chat, email or Offline Communications;
- site tools such as cookies;
- any information that you upload to the Sites and/or input into your account, including comments, forum posts, testimonials, or blog entries that you may provide via our Sites or for Services, which may be visible to other users of our Sites; and
- any other information you may provide to us voluntarily through your use of our Sites, Services, Events, or Offline Communications, including referrals, questions, or other details.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect information regarding the actions you take on the Sites and the Commnia Platform. This type of usage data helps us understand trends in our users’ needs so we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor the Sites and Commnia Platform. We may share this usage data with third parties for legitimate business purposes, including to help us better understand our customers’ needs and improve the Sites and Commnia Platform. Some examples of the usage data we may collect include:
- the type of Web browser you use;
- device type;
- log or site access data;
- your operating system;
- your web request;
- your Internet Service Provider and cookies;
- location data, such as your IP address;
- referring/exit pages and URLs;
- the pages you view and how you interact with links;
- the time and duration of your visits to the Sites or use of the Commnia Platform; and
- other information relating to your devices and your activity on the Sites and Commnia Platform.
We may store such usage data itself and such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by Commnia affiliates, agents, or service providers. We may use such information and pool it with other information, for example, to track the total number of visitors to our Sites or users of the Commnia Platform, or each page of our Sites, etc. We use this information to help us understand how people use the Sites and Commnia Platform and to enhance our Services
Our mobile application for the Commnia Platform may collect certain additional information automatically, including the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, available storage space, connection type (e.g., WiFi vs. cellular), and information about the way you use the application. We may also use GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location. If you do not want us to have your location information, you should turn off location services for the mobile application located in your account settings or in your mobile phone settings or within the mobile application.
We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded. We link certain information we store within the analytics software to authorized users for customer usage and metrics, and to aid in customer success.
We classify cookies in the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies,
- Performance Cookies,
- Functional Cookies, and
- Targeting Cookies.
You can opt out of each cookie category (except strictly necessary cookies) by clicking on the “Cookie Settings” button below:
You can remove persistent cookies and change your privacy preferences by following directions provided in your Internet browser’s “help” directory, or by clicking the Cookie Settings button above. However, certain features of the Sites or Commnia Platform may not work if you delete or disable cookies. Some of our service providers may use their own cookies and web beacons in connection with the services they perform on our behalf, as further explained below.
Third-party Technologies: Third parties, such as ad servers, ad networks, and data exchanges (“Advertisers”) may place or recognize a unique cookie on your computer or use other technologies such as web beacons so that they can tailor their advertisements to your apparent interests and deliver those advertisements to you while you are on our Sites. In addition, Advertisers use technologies (such as cookies, pixels, and web beacons) to collect information about your browsing behavior on our Sites which they may match with information they have previously collected. Our Privacy Notice does not cover any use of information that Advertisers may collect from you or that you choose to provide to them.
Social Media Widgets: Our website includes social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, and widgets, such as the “Share this” button or interactive mini-programs that run on our website. These features may collect your Internet Protocol address, which page you are visiting on our website, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing the features.
Do Not Track: At this time, Commnia does not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking, including “do-not-track” signals.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive information about you from other sources, including your company or third parties who are Commnia customers or users or both, and combine this data with information we already have about you. If others give us your information, we will only use that information for the purpose of providing, supporting, and improving Commnia services and in compliance with the specific reason for which it was provided to us (for example, as part of a referral of marketing campaign). The types of Personal Data we may collect include: name, phone number, and other contact details, including the company for which you work.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We may use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- creating an account;
- provision and monitoring of the Sites and Commnia Platform to provide you with access to and to support the security of the Sites and Commnia Platform;
- providing you with a newsletter subscription;
- surveys, contests, and other special offers. From time to time, we may offer our users the opportunity to participate in surveys, contests, and other special offers. If you elect to participate in these services, you will need to provide certain Personal Information;
- Customer highlighted stories and imagery;
- questions and requests. If you contact us by email or otherwise, we will use the Personal Data you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem;
- contacting you about other Products, Services, and Events – Commnia and, if you opt in, third parties may use your Personal Data to contact you in the future to tell you about products, services, and events that may be of interest to you;
- marketing, research, and data analysis. In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Sites and Commnia Platform, Commnia may conduct research on its Customers’ and users’ demographics, interests, and behaviour based on usage data and other information provided to us;
- Service improvement. We may use your Personal Data, aggregated Personal Data, and other information collected through the Sites and Commnia Platform to help us improve the content and functionality of the Sites and Commnia Platform
- order fulfillment. We may use your Personal Data that you provide to fulfill any orders or request for Services you may place as offered by Commnia Sites and the Commnia Platform;
- testimonials. We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Sites in addition to other endorsements. By posting a testimonial, you give your consent for Commnia to use your testimonial, along with your name, and company name in all media;
- blog. Our Sites offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them;
- administering online education;
- providing customer service;
- Event management;
- detecting, investigating, and preventing fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities; and
- carrying out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
The Legal Basis for Processing Your Personal Data
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data: If you are a visitor from the EEA, our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Data described above will depend on the Personal Data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect Personal Data from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the Personal Data to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect Personal Data from you or may otherwise need the Personal Data to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
Who We Share Your Personal Data With
Your Personal Data, such as your name or username, may be available to others, for example when you create a profile or submit public queries. This information may be accessed by users who use the Sites or Commnia Platform and may be accessed by commercial search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing to the extent that such engines are permitted to access the Sites or Commnia Platform.
We may disclose your Personal Data to the following categories of recipients:
- Commnia subsidiaries and affiliates who provide data processing services to us including customer support or marketing, or delivery of the Commnia Platform;
- co-sponsors of events you attend;
- service providers that we believe to be trustworthy and have privacy practices consistent with ours (“Service Providers”). For example, we contract with Service Providers to provide certain services, such as hosting and maintenance, accounting, data analytics, data storage and management, and marketing and promotions, most of which are located in the United States. We only provide our Service Providers with the information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf. Each Service Provider must agree to use reasonable security procedures and practices, appropriate to the nature of the information involved, to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Service Providers are prohibited from using Personal Data other than as specified by Commnia;
- our business partners, such as integration partners, referral partners, reseller partners, event sponsors, ad partners, and marketplace partners, with whom you interact via Commnia.
- a potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any proposed purchase, merger, or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your Personal Data only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice; and
- any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Forums, Public Profiles, and Chat Rooms
Please be aware that whenever you share information on a publicly available page or any other public forum on the Sites or Commnia Platform, others may access that information. In addition, please remember that when you share information in any other communications with third parties, that information may be passed along or made public by others. This means that anyone with access to such information can potentially use it for any purpose, including sending unsolicited communications.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Data from a child under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records.
Commnia is serious about information security, and we have implemented numerous security measures to achieve that goal. Commnia implements appropriate physical, operational, and technical safeguards to protect your Personal Data from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, or access.
You should be aware that no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Sites, we can not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through the Sites.
We will retain your information for as long as we have an ongoing business relationship with you or the business needs to do so (for example: to comply with applicable law, tax requirements, or enforce our agreements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Data, we may either delete or de-identify it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Data has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
How To Contact Us
If you have questions or concerns about our use of your Personal Data, please get in touch with us at:
+612 9571 5540
Suite 603, 65 York Street
Sydney, NSW 2000